Couscous stuffed bell pepper. Couscous-stuffed bell peppers are actually quite simple and easy to prepare and make for an excellent vegetarian main dish or for a filling side dish. We love working with couscous because it cooks relatively quickly compared to rice, quinoa or other whole grains or pasta. Fluffy couscous makes a light stuffing for these peppers.
All you need to do is toss all the ingredients into one bowl and mix. This is a great make-ahead dish that stores well and can serve many. Whatever happened to stuffed bell peppers? You can have Couscous stuffed bell pepper using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Couscous stuffed bell pepper
- Prepare 1 large of Bell pepper any color cut in half from top to bottom and cleaned.
- You need 2 cup of prepared couscous.
- Prepare 1 cup of canned diced tomatoes with juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn.
- You need 1/4 small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of link Italian sausage or brat cooked and out of casing chopped.
- You need 1 dash of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar shredded.
It's not a recipe you see a ton of these days, but we swear by this simple, satisfying, and timeless dish. After browning a half-pound of ground beef and cooking a half-cup of couscous, you'll mix the two together with sliced scallions, crumbled Feta. Stuffed bell pepper appetizers stuffed with lean Ground Beef, spinach and couscous, topped with cheese. Tiny peppers packed with Ground Beef, spinach and couscous, sprinkled with reduced-fat cheese. couscous-stuffed red bell peppers Entree Middle Eastern.
Couscous stuffed bell pepper instructions
- Preheat oven 375°F..
- Place bell pepper halves in microwave for 2 minutes on high heat. Place half of the cheese in the bottoms of the pepper halves.
- Place pepper into a casserole dish or oven safe dish.
- Combine all other ingredients and stuff pepper halves then top with remaining cheese and bake for approximately 30 minutes (or desired tenderness).
Couscous and spinach stuffing provides a simple addition to this no-mess bell pepper dish. Try a new one with a spicy combination of ingredients. MORE+ LESS Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top of pepper; discard. Stuffed peppers are a classic vegetarian entree, maybe a bit less popular these days, but a common dish nonetheless. It's definitely a dish I've been served on more then one occasion This recipe for chickpea and couscous stuffed red bell peppers are everything I wished those sad peppers were.