King Ranch Chicken Casserole. The classic King Ranch chicken casserole is bursting with cheese, chicken, and pepper goodness. All Reviews for King Ranch Chicken Casserole. While the King Ranch Chicken recipe has roots in the Lone Star State, it's beloved by savvy home cooks around the South and beyond.
Like a lot of casseroles, King Ranch Casserole is usually made with canned condensed soups. This cheesy casserole is basically a Texan lasagna! Layers of crispy corn tortillas, cheese, and a creamy chicken mixture loaded with bell peppers, tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder and cumin! You can have King Ranch Chicken Casserole using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 large of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped cooked chicken.
- You need 1 can of 10-3/4 oz. cream of chicken soup, undiluted.
- It’s 1 can of 10-3/4 oz. cream of mushroom soup, undiluted.
- You need 1 can of 10 oz. diced tomato and green chiles.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 12 of (6-inch) corn tortillas.
- It’s 2 cup of (8oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided.
Perfect for potlucks or family get togethers! Creamy King Ranch Chicken Casserole loaded with chicken, tortillas, cheese, and green chiles. This zesty King Ranch Casserole Recipe is packed with comfort, not canned soup! In America, king ranch chicken casserole is the most popular famous dish.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole step by step
- Sautee onion and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes it until tender. Stir in chicken and next 7 ingredients.; remove from heat..
- Tear tortillas into 1-inch pieces; layer one-third of tortilla pieces in bottom of a lightly greased 13-inch-by-9-inch baking dish. Top with 1/3 of chicken mixture and 2/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice..
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes. Serves 6 to 8..
Have you smelled the fragrance of delicious king. A signature Ro*Tel recipe–a creamy, cheesy and easy casserole with that special 'kick' coming from Ro*Tel tomatoes and green chilies. Layer one-third each of tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese evenly in dish. We bet that after one taste of this rich, creamy King Ranch casserole recipe, you'll be hooked too. It also travels well, making it a great choice to take to a covered-dish dinner.