Yakitori Sauce for Negima (grilled chicken and leek skewers).
You can have Yakitori Sauce for Negima (grilled chicken and leek skewers) using 6 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yakitori Sauce for Negima (grilled chicken and leek skewers)
- It’s 1 of Chicken thighs (any parts will do).
- It’s 1 of Japanese leek (white part).
- Prepare 2 of to 2 1/2 tablespoons Sugar…A.
- You need 50 ml of Soy sauce…A.
- You need 40 ml of Mirin…A.
- It’s 20 ml of Sake…A.
Yakitori Sauce for Negima (grilled chicken and leek skewers) step by step
- Prepare the yakitori chicken base. If you are using storebought negima (chicken and leek skewers) skip ahead to Step 6. Otherwise, cut the chicken into about 3 cm cubes..
- Cut the Japanese leek into 3 cm pieces to match the amount of chicken pieces you prepared in Step 1..
- Skewer the chicken and leek pieces alternately. This may be hard to do if you're not used to doing it. If so, go on and read Steps 4 and 5..
- 【How to skewer the chicken cleanly and easily】Arrange the chicken cubes from step 1 in one layer on a piece of cling film and it up. Put in the freezer for 40 minutes to 1 hour until partially frozen..
- Take out the partially frozen chicken from the freezer, and skewer it. This method is unconventional, but this way it's really easy to skewer the chicken..
- Heat the grill over a high heat. After 2 to 3 minutes turn the heat down to medium. Line up the negima skewers on the rack and grill..
- After 5 to 7 minutes when the surfaces of the meat have gotten grill marks, flip them over. The skewers will be cooking a bit unevenly depending on where they are positioned on the rack, so change their positions around..
- Put the A ingredients in a frying pan and bring to a boil. When it's bubbling, if the negima skewers aren't cooked yet, turn the heat off under the frying pan and leave it for a while..
- When the skewers from Step 7 have browned nicely, put them in the sauce from Step 8. *Turn up the heat to a bit lower than high and reduce the sauce until almost all the liquid has evaporated..
- 【Note】This is common sense, but do not overcook the chicken. It will be become too tough..
- 【Note】Since the chicken skewers will be simmered in the frying pan, in Step 9 it should have grill marks on the outside, and cooked through about 80% inside for the best results..
- The chicken skewers are delicious enough right after Step 9 is complete, but I like to quickly toast the skewers over a flame just before serving. If you don't have a gas burner you can wram them up over a grill or in a toaster oven..
- Transfer to serving plates and it's done. People are always paying visits to our house all year round, and this is one of the most popular dishes that we serve..
- I believe this sauce will suit all tastes. You can use it on any ingredients. Please enjoy yakitori your way..
- Leftover sauce can be frozen. When you make yakitori the next time, just add more sauce if there's not enough..
- 【Attention】Grilling times vary depending on your grill. If you are making these for the first time, please check the heat levels. You can bake the skewers in an oven of course..
- [Attention] If using a grill or toaster oven to toast the skewers in Step 12, it's very easy to burn them so please be sure to watch them carefully..