Hamburger steak. An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. It's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef, and you probably have all the ingredients on hand! Japanese Hamburger Steak, or we call it Hambāgu (ハンバーグ) or Hambāgu Steak (ハンバ The common theme for all these hamburger steaks is that they are made from a blend of minced beef.
If Hambagu sounds a bit like Hamburger, that's because they both So when did Hamburg Steak come to Japan? When it came in, and who brought it in is a mystery, but. I just love a good hamburger steak. You can cook Hamburger steak using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger steak
- Prepare 1 lb of sirlion hambuger meat.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion cubed.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
Add the hamburger steaks back to the pan and cook until they are done to your liking. Hamburger steak, or Hamburg steak, has been around since the turn of the last century. Put Panko in a large bowl, add milk and stir. Watch me make these Hamburger Steaks w/ Onion Gravy from start to finish!
Hamburger steak step by step
- Mix sauce, salt/pepper/ minced garlic and garlic powder with meat. Shape into thin steak like patties. Sautee in 2 tbsp of butter.
- Cook patties on both sides til brown, but not all the way done. Remove and set aside..
- Sautee onions, peppers and mushrooms in the same pan til translucent. Add flour to veggies and 1 tbsp of butter. Cook until flour browns a bit. Add water and scrape up the bits in the bottom of the pan. Once gravy thickens, add steaks back into gravy..
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a glass of wine!.
Lord have mercy…there are just some meals that are the epitome of southern comfort food like hamburger steak and gravy! Japanese Hamburger Steak (Hambāgu) is a juicy burger patty with a unique Japanese flavor. Also use as the hamburger for the Hawaian loco moco. Hamburger Steaks with Country Gravy are a quick inexpensive ground beef recipe that is prepared in one skillet. It makes a perfect weeknight comfort dinner and is super kid friendly.