Carolina Style BBQ Chicken.
You can have Carolina Style BBQ Chicken using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carolina Style BBQ Chicken
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yellow mustard.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoons of mustard powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of hot sauce.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce Kosher salt.
- It’s to taste of freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 8 of skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/4 pounds).
- It’s of Vegetable oil, for brushing.
- It’s 1 of large tomato, sliced.
Carolina Style BBQ Chicken step by step
- Preheat a grill to medium. Whisk the yellow mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard powder, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Whisk in the butter..
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then toss with about one-third of the mustard sauce in a large bowl until coated. Let sit at room temperature, 10 minutes..
- Brush the grill grates generously with vegetable oil. Put about 1/4 cup of the remaining mustard sauce in a small bowl for basting and reserve the rest for topping..
- Grill the chicken, covered, basting occasionally with the sauce, until well marked and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 170 degrees F, 10 to 12 minutes per side..