Summer Roll Malaysian…ish Way.
You can have Summer Roll Malaysian…ish Way using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Summer Roll Malaysian…ish Way
- It’s 1 box of sweet tamarind.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of and 1 Tablespoon of vinegar.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of grated ginger.
- You need 1 of big pickle cucumber (more crunchy than other kind).
- Prepare of Some mint.
- It’s of Some cilantro.
- It’s of Some spring onion (more fragrant than regular ones).
- It’s of Peanuts or cashews, chopped.
- Prepare of Garlic chili sauce.
- Prepare 10 of medium shrimp.
- It’s 3 pieces of artificial crab.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s of Juice of 1/3 of a lemon.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Summer Roll Malaysian…ish Way step by step
- In a bowl, mix fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic and ginger. Set aside..
- Peel the whole box of tamarind. Put tamarind in a big bowl. Pour 1/3 of the mixture of fish sauce on tamarind. Use a fork(or hands) to mash the tamarind to extract the meat. After a while, you can hear the seeds separating from the fruits..
- Use a sieve (?) to get the meat of the tamarind into a bowl leaving the seeds on the sieve. Pour half of the remaining fish sauce and repeat the same thing. Again, pour the rest of fish sauce and repeat the same thing until only seeds are left on the sieve..
- Taste the dipping sauce. Add vinegar or salt to your taste..
- Boil some water with some salt. When water is boiled, add shrimps and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and wash shrimps under cold water to stop the cooking process. Peel and devein shrimps..
- Peel cucumber and cut into quarters. Remove seeds. Wash some mint, garlic, cilantro and spring onions..
- Cut cucumber, mint, cilantro and spring onions. And cut shrimp and artificial crab into small cubes. Put in mixing bowl, sprinkle salt, pepper and sugar. Add lemon zest and juice of 1/3 lemon. Mix well..
- In a big mixing bowl, get some warm water(3/4 of the bowl). Take one sheet of rice paper, dip in water, rotate, make sure the sheet is completely wet..
- Spread the rice paper on a cutting board. Put about 2 heaping full of the mixture of shrimps, artificial crab, cucumber and herbs..
- Fold both sides in. Roll from south to north to make one roll. The mixture should render about five rolls..
- For dipping sauce, add 1 tablespoon of chili garlic sauce, and nuts in some tamarind sauce. Enjoy this light and refreshing Malaysian…ish summer rolls..