Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam). Called "Satay Ayam" in Malaysian language, any real foodies who have been to the entire Southeast Asia region will agree they are the best! While Thai chicken sate are tasty, they are inferior to the scrumptious and rich flavors of Malaysian chicken satay. Satay (/ˈsæteɪ/ SA-tay, /ˈsɑːteɪ/ SAH-tay), or sate in Indonesian and Malay spelling, is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce.
Satay Ayam (Chicken Satay) generally consists of chunks or slices of meat on bamboo or coconut leaf spine skewers, which are grilled over a wood or charcoal fire. Satay (also written saté) is a dish that may have originated in Sumatra or Java, Indonesia. Shish kebab is also very similar to satay. You can cook Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam)
- It’s 350 g of Chicken Meat (skinless, boneless, cut into pieces).
- You need of Marinade (processed in a blender);.
- Prepare 50 g of Shallots.
- Prepare 30 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 20 g of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fennel Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
- Prepare of For Grilling;.
- You need as needed of Wooden Skewers.
Try this Sate Ayam – Chicken Satay recipe, or contribute your own. Chicken satay refers to skewered chicken marinated with spices and grilled to perfection. Served with savoury peanut sauce which is distinctively delicious, 'satay' is extremely popular with the locals in Malaysia and Alternate Names. Grilled skewered meat, satay ayam, sate ayam, satay kajang.
Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam) instructions
- Marinate the chicken with the blended marinade for 3 hours minimum..
- Arrange the chicken on wooden skewers. Lightly oil a pan grill so the chicken won't stick..
- Grill the chicken satay until brown; be sure to try to get the char on the chicken..
- Serve with peanut sauce and cucumber..
This Chicken Satay is easy to make and so flavorful! This Chicken Satay is easy to make and has tons of flavor. Thread each chicken slices into skewers and grill we;; on ember of charcoal. Serve immediately with the sauce and warm rice. Sate Ayam (chicken satay) of Indonesia is prepared from chicken marinated in a mixture of coriander, turmeric, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper combined with an Indonesian sweet soy sauce.