Malaysian Rice and Chicken Congee.
You can cook Malaysian Rice and Chicken Congee using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malaysian Rice and Chicken Congee
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
- You need 5 cups of water.
- It’s 3 cm of ginger, julienned.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- It’s 200 grams of chicken breast.
- You need 1 of chicken stock cube.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Condiments.
- You need of Chopped spring onions.
- You need of Pickled radish.
- It’s of Crispy garlic.
- Prepare of Crispy shallots.
- Prepare of Salted eggs.
- You need of Crispy Anchovies.
- It’s of Salty Soya Sauce.
- You need Dash of sesame oil.
Malaysian Rice and Chicken Congee instructions
- Wash the rice few times and transfer into a pot. Add in water. Bring the pot to a boil then immediately turn down the heat. Allow the pot to simmer, covered, for until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid and looks soft and mushy. (I used my instant pot and cooked them on porridge setting.).
- While waiting for the rice to cook, bring to boil the chicken breast with 3 cups of water and one chicken stock. Once cooked, remove them and add the chicken stock into the rice pot. Continue cooking the rice. After a total cookjng time of one hour the rice will be very soft. Add in the ginger, salt and pepper. Let simmer for another ten minutes…
- When the chicken are cool enough shred them to strips. Now you can add the shredded chicken back into the congee or put it in your condiments bowl as in the photo….
- Prepare the rest of the condiments. Fry the shallots, garlic and anchovies till crispy. Boil the salted egg and chop the spring onions. Spoon the congee into individual bowls and garnish with your condiments of choice.. add in chopped bird eye chillies if desired. Enjoy.