Quick and Easy Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce).
You can have Quick and Easy Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce)
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 medium of egg whites.
- Prepare 1 of juice of lemon.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ice water.
Quick and Easy Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce) step by step
- Blend the garlic, salt and 1/4 of the lemon juice for 1 minute in a blender. Using a spoon, scoop the sides of the blender with 'all over the place' garlic bits..
- Add the egg whites, blend for 30 seconds..
- Pour a small amount of oil slowly and blend for 30 seconds. Pour a small amount of lemon juice and blend for another 30 seconds. Repeat this alternating process until you've used up all your oil and lemon juice. Remember to do it slowly, otherwise the emulsion might not work..
- Your mixture should emulsify. To make it have the consistency of mayonnaise, add 1 tbsp of ice cold water..
- Store in the fridge in a covered container for about 1 hour to let the garlic flavor set..
- Serve with pita, as dip for fries, chips or fish fillets or salad dressing. Can be stored for up to 2 weeks..