Grilled TexMex Stuffed Peppers.
You can have Grilled TexMex Stuffed Peppers using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled TexMex Stuffed Peppers
- It’s 8 of large green peppers.
- You need 2-3 of jalapeño peppers (if spiciness is desired).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of sweet corn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of natural salsa.
- You need 2 tbsp of texmex or taco seasoning.
- You need 1 lb of chicken breast.
Grilled TexMex Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Cook chicken ahead of time. Shred or dice..
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and veins and place face down on sprayed pan (medium heat) for 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook and additional 5 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While peppers are heating, remove seeds from jalapeños and dice. Place in mixing bowl..
- Place 1 cup cheese, beans, chicken, corn, seasoning, and salsa into bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave mixture on high for 5-7 minutes until heated evenly..
- Transfer peppers to broiler pan (to prevent rolling) or cookie sheet. Fill peppers with mixture and place in oven for 5-10 minutes until peppers are cooking..
- Once stuffed peppers are cooking, top with cheese. Turn off oven and let sit inside until cheese is melted..
- Serve with additional salsa and tortilla chips..