Egyptian white rice, simple recipe.
You can cook Egyptian white rice, simple recipe using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egyptian white rice, simple recipe
- It’s of white rice.
- It’s 2 cup of rice , egyptian white grain.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt, pepper, cinnamon, optional: cardamom, 3 or 4 ones.
- It’s 3 tbsp of vegetable oil or butter or ghee.
Egyptian white rice, simple recipe step by step
- Wash the rice lightly under running tap water to cleanse from extra starch..
- Heat the oil till its warm then add the rice and spices/ herbs. Mix for a bit then add the water till the rice is covered at 1 or 2 cm at the top. Over medium high heat, cook uncovered till the water starts boiling then lower the heat to low flame and cover rice for 20 minutes. Checking every 10 or 7 minutes to see if the water has completely evaporated and rice is not wet or soggy..
- On my recipe today I added some minced onions and garlic to flavour. For fish rice you do the same steps but first fry the onions till browned then add and mix the rice till it takes a little golden colour then add some herbs or spices along with salt n pepper and then the water and cook covered on low heat till water evaporates and the rice grain are soft but not sticky.