Malaysian Stir Fry Water Spinach with Shrimp Paste 馬來西亞蝦醬炒通菜.
You can cook Malaysian Stir Fry Water Spinach with Shrimp Paste 馬來西亞蝦醬炒通菜 using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malaysian Stir Fry Water Spinach with Shrimp Paste 馬來西亞蝦醬炒通菜
- It’s of Water spinach.
- Prepare of dried shrimp 1 handful (soaked).
- Prepare of Chilli pepper.
- It’s 1 of thin slice Malaysian Shrimp Paste.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 3-5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Oil.
Malaysian Stir Fry Water Spinach with Shrimp Paste 馬來西亞蝦醬炒通菜 step by step
- Got a block of shrimp paste from a colleague she said tasted really good so gonna have this malay delicacy. Easy prep up, coz im lazy i just slice my garlic, u can minced them as well. As for the paste u just need little thin slice coz its very salty. Just keep them in fridge as can be left for a few yrs time..
- Add Oil. Some prefer using lots of oil i just add them abit more if needed. High Med heat, throw in garlic for 30 secs then add shrimp paste and saute until paste form into a liquid state. (will soak up oil so add require amount if needed).
- Now can add in the dried shrimp (drained after soaking in water) and hot pepper and stir for a minute. (Can add in more oil if its too dry like this picture) Dont be too greedy with the paste since its gonna be salty..
- Throw in the veg and stir/toss/mix until slightly soften. i uses chopstick and spatula mixing..
- When veg shrinks up abit add a tsp of fish sauce. Mix well..
- Taste it. if bland add a little more fish sauce or salt..
- The veggy colour should be like this. If having problems with timing you can alway switch off the heat as it reaches this colour n add the required seasoning needed..
- Done! Quick Meal!.