Salmon Burgers. Salmon burgers are one of those foods that always seem like they should taste better than they do. In my mind, I picture a delicate yet fatty fish patty, seasoned well, with a lightly seared crust and a tender. Salmon Burgers from Delish.com make for a lighter and refreshing dinner any night of the week.
These delicious, omega-packed, naked salmon burgers with sriracha mayo are the perfect example! Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. These Easy to Make Salmon Burgers come together with no fancy equipment. You can have Salmon Burgers using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Burgers
- It’s 1 can of salmon, around 14oz.
- You need 1 of jumbo egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh or dried herbs (parsley or dill or chive or etc).
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder or 1/4 cup chopped onions.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare A few of generous grinds of freshly cracked pepper.
- Prepare 1 of chopped scallion.
- It’s of Serving options.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
- It’s of Smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- You need of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- It’s of Tartar sauce.
- Prepare of Chipotle mayo.
We usually buy salmon burgers at Costco. I love that they are made with wild salmon but don't love the canola oil on the ingredients list. And I can tell they are really fried in oil. A salmon burger is a type of fishcake made mostly from salmon in the style of a hamburger.
Salmon Burgers step by step
- Drain the canned salmon, reserving the liquid..
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Use a fork to mix in the salmon and all the rest of the ingredients with the egg..
- Form patties. I usually do ones about 3-4in wide and 1/2in thick but you can do whatever size you like. If the mix is feeling too dry and won't stick together into patties, add some of the reserved salmon liquid to moisten..
- Fry patties in oil over medium to medium-high heat till they are nice and crispy and browned on both sides..
- Serve with your choice of dressings..
The salmon requires a binder to make it stick together and is easy to overcook which makes it too dry. Salmon Burgers with Lemon Dill Sauce. Easy baked salmon burgers made with sockeye salmon. Prepare this simple, healthful recipe using fresh salmon in your food processor! Salmon burgers make a great alternative to beef burgers.