Malaysian Honey Fried Chicken (Ayam Madu).
You can cook Malaysian Honey Fried Chicken (Ayam Madu) using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Malaysian Honey Fried Chicken (Ayam Madu)
- It’s 350 g of Chicken (1 breast, 1 thigh, deboned, skin intact).
- Prepare 1/2 of Yellow Onion (slice thinly).
- You need 1/4 cup of Cooking Oil (shallow frying).
- You need of Marinade;.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Chilli Paste (blend well);.
- You need 10 g of Dried Chilli.
- You need 40 g of Shallots.
- You need 20 g of Garlic.
- You need of Sauce Mixture (mix well in a bowl);.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Lime.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
Malaysian Honey Fried Chicken (Ayam Madu) step by step
- SCORE & MARINATE; Score the breast and thigh by running your knife across the meat so that the marinade will seep better and the chicken will cook evenly. Marinade the chicken with the prepared marinade for 30 minutes to a few hours..
- SHALLOW FRYING; When ready, heat 1/2 cup of cooking oil until hot in a wok. Shallow fry the chicken until golden brown all over (3-4 minutes per side 6-8 minutes total depending on the size). Remove and set aside..
- SAUCE; In the same wok toss the oil but keep 2 Tbsp of cooking oil for the sauce. Heat it up and stir fry the onions until it is translucent and fragrant. Then add the chilli paste and cook until the oil separates. Then add the our pre-sauce mixture and mix well. Cook until the sauce thickens..
- ASSEMBLY; Add in the fried chicken and coat it well. Serve on a plate..