Moroccan Beef Tagine with Caramelized Onions..
You can have Moroccan Beef Tagine with Caramelized Onions. using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Beef Tagine with Caramelized Onions.
- You need 1 kg of Stewing steak..
- You need 3 of Onions.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic diced.
- It’s 1 can of Chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 of Carots peeled and diced.
- It’s 250 ml of Beef stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger ground.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Saffron strands.
- Prepare 2 of Cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salt, used throughout recpie.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of Pepper, used throughout recipie.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil, seperated.
Moroccan Beef Tagine with Caramelized Onions. step by step
- Dice 1 onion into 1" pieces, brown in frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil, season..
- Cut beef into 1" cubes and add to the onions to brown, season again..
- Transfer to tagine, minus the juices..
- Add the stock and tomatoes and all the spices, add more salt..
- Bring to a simmer, lower heat and cover..
- Simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally, top up with more stock if required..
- Slice 2 onions very thinly, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan over a low heat and add onions..
- Add salt and pepper to pan also 1 teaspoon of sugar..
- Cook over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until caramelized and tender..
- Set onions aside..
- After 90 minutes remove lid of tagine and cook a further 30 minutes to thicken sauce..
- Sprinkle onions on top and serve fron dish with flat breads..