Bubur Kacang Hijau- Malaysian Sweet Green Bean Soup.
You can cook Bubur Kacang Hijau- Malaysian Sweet Green Bean Soup using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bubur Kacang Hijau- Malaysian Sweet Green Bean Soup
- Prepare 200 grams of Mung beans (Green Beans).
- You need 3 of Pandan leaves.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Palm sugar or brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Caster sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 200 ml of Coconut milk.
Bubur Kacang Hijau- Malaysian Sweet Green Bean Soup step by step
- This is a pandan tree (called screw pine in English). If you can get dried leaves, use them; otherwise, you can make your own..
- If you can get fresh pandan leaves, wash them well, then tie them in a knot. If they are dehydrated, use them as is..
- Rinse the mung beans and place them in a pot with water. Bring to a boil, then drain (to remove the scum)..
- Return the beans to the pot and add the pandan leaves. Fill the pot with plenty of water and boil until the beans are tender. I use a pressure cooker for this step..
- Once the beans are tender, remove the pandan leaves. Then add the palm sugar, white sugar, and salt to taste..
- Add the coconut milk and mix well. When it comes to a boil, it's done..
- Mung beans have a cooling effect on the body. Using cold soup to cool off is a good way to save energy!.
- For reference, this is the proportion of ingredients that I use to make this: 300 g mung beans, 250 g caster sugar, 50 g brown sugar, and 200 ml coconut milk. It's a bit on the sweet side..