fast fat free hummus dip. Rip Esselstyn's nearly fat-free hummus recipe is an oil-and tahini-free hummus recipe perfect for low-fat or fat-free vegetarians and vegans. Hummus is high in protein and makes a fantastic quick snack. Dip it with crisp carrot, celery sticks or sliced sweet peppers.
While there are many recipes online, this one differs because it is oil-free. The Best Fat Free Dips Recipes on Yummly Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip, Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip, Peanut Butter S'mores Dip. You can have fast fat free hummus dip using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of fast fat free hummus dip
- Prepare of this is so yummy. you can garnish any way you like. It usually calls for a drizzle of olive oil on top. I ommitted the olive to make it a fat free dip..
- Prepare 1 can of chick peas.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 small of onion.
- It’s 1/2 of of a lemon.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper seasoning a few dashes if each.
Which kind of dip are you looking for? I'd been mulling over adding cucumber to hummus for a while to lighten it up; even with only a little high-fat tahini added, hummus is a pretty calorie-dense food, and I tend to eat too much of it if I'm not careful. I do it about once a week. By the way, hummus is caro here, too.
fast fat free hummus dip step by step
- put the can of chick peas in a blender along with the juice.
- add the onion garlic seasoning and lemon juice to the blender.
- blend together. and garnish in a bowl.
Its even cheaper to make at home if you cook the beans yourself. I also like to use it as a dip for my raw veggies when I need a quick and filling snack. Store bought hummus is usually vegan but too high in fat for me to consider buying it. Low Fat Hummus Dip this chickpea dip is usually flavoured with tahini, but reducing that oil content in my recipe reduces the calories but NOT the taste. But here with my low fat hummus dip I've removed both proving that you can reduce that oil content and calories, but NOT the taste!