Muror jhol(fish head curry). Machoor Muror Khar or Assamese style fish head curry is a simple and rustic Assamese recipe commonly prepared the countryside of Assam. Fish head curry (Malay: kari kepala ikan, Indonesian: kari kepala ikan or gulai kepala ikan) is a dish in Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean cuisines with mixed Indian and Chinese origins. Curry Fish Head is, and will always be, a part of Singapore's identity.
With South Indian origins, it uses a combination of various spices and ingredients One of the most sought after curry in both Malaysian and Singapore is the fish head curry. Commonly found at many Indian eateries like "mamak", fish. The long queue that snakes around the corner is a common sight, but service is. You can have Muror jhol(fish head curry) using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Muror jhol(fish head curry)
- You need 1 head of part of fish.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 2-3 of green chillies slit.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare As needed of oil.
Macher Jhol means Fish (macher) in curry/gravy (jhol). It has few ingredients and they play a crucial role. The strong flavor of mustard and the hotness of The Bengali Mustard Fish calls for frying the fish steaks in mustard oil before adding to the curry. You can pan-fry like I did or deep fry the steaks.
Muror jhol(fish head curry) instructions
- Wash and marinate the fish head with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil and deep fry the fish head and keep aside.
- Now add cumin seeds, bay leaf and let it crackle.
- Add onion chopped saute well.
- Add ginger garlic and tomato saute well adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Add red chilli Powder and cumin-coriander powder.
- Mix well and add water, bring it to boil.
- Add the fish head and cover till it is soft.
- Finally add garam masala powder and serve.
With thousands of trusted, authentic and KP community tested recipes containing Fish which are handpicked and submitted by home, professional and celebrity cooks across the world – you're sure to find a favorite recipe from our collection. Our recipe section is expanding every week, so visit us often. Fish head curry is a dish of relative popularity amongst Malaysians and Singaporeans and tourists there, although it is generally not categorised as cheap hawker fare. Home » Bangalir Macher Jhol ( Bengali Fish Curry). Fish has always been an integral part in the life of the Bengalis.