Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food). Authentic beef rendang recipe from Minangkabau, Indonesia. You can recreate this world's best food at home by following this step-by-step recipe. Do you know what the world's best foods are?
It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries. This Beef Rendang recipe is from a payroll lady at a company I used to work for. I still remember, so many years later, how we used to bond over food at the water cooler! You can have Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food)
- It’s 1/4 kg of diced fresh beef.
- Prepare 200 ml of coconuts milk.
- Prepare 10 cloves of onions.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cm of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 cm of turmeric.
- It’s 2 of Red chilli.
- Prepare 8 of Cayannes (Optional).
- It’s 1 of ts Coriander seeds.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s 3 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s 1 of Lemongrass.
I actually first published this recipe a couple of years ago but I've made some minor. Beef Rendang – the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online! Spicy and rich Malaysian/Indonesian beef stew made with beef Chop the spice paste ingredients and then blend it in a food processor until fine. Heat the oil in a stew pot, add the spice paste, cinnamon, cloves, star.
Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food) step by step
- Put the onions, garlics, gingers, turmerics, red chilis, cayennes, coriander seeds, salt and sugar into the blender and process to a puree..
- Add the puree into the pan and stir it until it smells good. Then add the coconut milk in the pan with medium flame.
- Add the diced fresh beef into the pan.
- Add the bay leaves and lemon grass.
- Cook the beef until the beef well done for about 1 ½ hours then the coconut milk evaporates and rendang’s seasoning done..
This luscious Indonesian dish, from a recipe in James Oseland's book Cradle of Flavor (W. Add chiles, shallots, nuts, garlic, turmeric, ginger, and galangal; purée until a slightly smooth. Rendang Sapi is one of the most popular dishes from Padang, West Sumatra. Padang is known by their delicious meals made from coconut milk. You can make it spicy or mild, depend how you like it.