Patriotic Whoopie Pies.
You can have Patriotic Whoopie Pies using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Patriotic Whoopie Pies
- It’s of for vanilla whoppie cakes.
- It’s 2/3 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolks.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare of red food color, gel or liquid.
- It’s of blue food color, gel or liquid.
- You need 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare of STRAWBERRy CREAM FILLING.
- You need 7 oz of jar of marshmallow fluff.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of good quality strawberry jam.
- You need of garnish.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red, white and blue sprinkles.
Patriotic Whoopie Pies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter, , sugar and egg yolks togetherl until creamy, add vanilla and buttermilk. Add the flour mixture and blend well.
- Remove half of dough to another bowl.
- Color one bowl of batter blue with the blue food color. Color the other red with the red food volor.
- Drop by 2 tablespoon fulls 2 inches apart on prepares pans. Smooth tops a bit.
- Bake until they spring back when touched 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on rack in pan 5 minutes then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- MAKE STRAWBERRY CREAM FILLING.
- Beat butter until smooth, add remaining ingredients and beat until creamy.
- Sandwich strawberry cream between one blue and one red cake.
- To finish whoppie pies, Spread sprinkles on a plate.
- Roll edges of filled whoppie pies in sprinkles to coat egdes.