Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style.
You can have Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salsa.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of unsalted beef or chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Tortilla chips or Fritos, for serving.
Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style instructions
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes. Then add the beef and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat, if needed. Increase the heat to med-high and stir in the garlic and salsa..
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant, stir in the rice and broth, then let it come to a boil. Once at a boil, pop the lid on and lower the heat to med-low. Let this cook, undisturbed, for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid has absorbed. Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir the cheese in until it has melted into the dish. Serve with some crushed tortilla chips or some crushed Fritos on top, along with whatever other toppings sound good..