Malaysian Poh Piah (Spring Roll) #cookwithcookpad.
You can cook Malaysian Poh Piah (Spring Roll) #cookwithcookpad using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malaysian Poh Piah (Spring Roll) #cookwithcookpad
- Prepare 25 of Spring Roll Pastry.
- It’s 100 g of fresh prawns, diced.
- Prepare 125 g of chicken, diced & mix with 1/2tsp cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 30 g of carrot, shredded.
- You need 400 g of radish/jicama, shredded.
- Prepare 2 of soaked Chinese black mushroom, shredded.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce, or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Dark Caramel Soy Sauce for colouring (optional).
Malaysian Poh Piah (Spring Roll) #cookwithcookpad step by step
- Heat oil in a work, fry garlic and onions till aroma but not browned. Add in chicken and prawns, fry until aromatic. Add in carrot, radish/jicama and mushroom, fry for 1min before adding water. Allow to cook until radish/jicama is translucent and dry, about 15mins. Set aside to cool. Below is the photo of the Spring Roll Pastry I use. You should be able to find it in any Chinese Supermarket. I usually served my spring rolls with the Lingham chilli sauce (very popular in Malaysia)..
- To assemble and fry- place some filling on the spring roll wrapper and then fold in the two sides and roll up. Using flour mixture seal up the edges (1tbsp plain flour + 1 1/2tbsp water). Heat enough oil in a wok for deep frying. Slip in the rolls, several at a time, and deep fry over a medium flame until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels..