Hacked and Healthier 'Hummus'. I love hummus on its own, but I also love that I can use it as an ingredient in many recipes. It's a great hack because it cuts down on the number of ingredients needed plus it adds a healthy amount of protein and fiber. Scroll down for the hummus recipes!
Not to mention healthy, with plenty of fibre and protein in every delicious bite. Hummus is one of the healthiest party dips out there. Nothing could be easier, and nothing will impress your. You can cook Hacked and Healthier 'Hummus' using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hacked and Healthier 'Hummus'
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Powdered Peanut Butter (PBfit…etc).
- Prepare 2 Clove of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of (Optional) 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
In order to try out this hummus hack at home, start by preparing your own traditional Israeli Style Hummus (though, admittedly, I've tried onion with cold store-bought hummus and it's still satisfying), and pair it with halved white onions, the crispest of the onion varieties. Remember, we come from a varied and diverse background, and all of us have different perceptions of what cheap and healthy means. There is no one right way to eat for all people and all budgets, and there is always room for improvement. Please keep things cordial and respectful, and if you think you.
Hacked and Healthier 'Hummus' step by step
- Chop and pat dry the zucchini.
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor/blender and blend until smooth..
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 min to let it thicken..
- Nutritional comparison is one third of typical hummus.
- Note: cauliflower that has been boiled until tender, squeezed and then blendered will make a even better hummus. I'd recommend doubling the above recipe for a typical 1 lb bag of cauliflower.
Which Is Healthier: Hummus Or Guacamole? While high in calories, these spreads are both relatively healthy options that please a crowd. In the world of party appetizers, there are none more classic or delicious than hummus and guacamole. Hummus and baba ganoush share similar ingredients but have one important difference: the main ingredient in hummus is chickpeas and in baba ganoush it's eggplant. Baba ganoush delivers more of five vitamins and one mineral, while hummus is a better source of two other vitamins..