Egyptian Falafel Recipe.
You can have Egyptian Falafel Recipe using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egyptian Falafel Recipe
- Prepare of ta3meyah.
- You need 1 cup of white broad beans.
- It’s 3 of onions.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking oda.
- It’s 1 tsp of flour.
- It’s 5 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s 5 bunch of coriander.
- It’s 5 bunch of drill.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of electric blender.
- Prepare 5 bunch of parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of leak stalk.
Egyptian Falafel Recipe instructions
- Directions: 1. If using fresh beans, soak overnight in cold water. If using tinned beans, empty into a sieve and rinse thoroughly.2. Chop the onions, garlic and leek and place in a mixing bowl.3. Pull the leaves from the sprigs of dill, coriander and parsley and add to mixing bowl.4. Add the flour, baking soda, cayenne pepper, cumin and salt to the bowl. Please note that if using tinned beans you will need to add less salt than if using fresh beans.Recommend you add ½ a tea spoon initially and then add more as required to taste after blending.5. Add the beans to the mixing bowl and blend into a green paste. Then gentle kneed. If two moist add a little flour, if too dry add a couple of spoons of water.6. Heath the oil until it is bubbling.7. With a wet spoon shape the mix into flat discs 4cm x 2 cm. Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds and add to the hot oil. The falafel is ready when it has turned brown on the outside. If you find your falafel is breaking apart upon contact with the oil.
- If you prefer the way it tastes in Jordan, Syria or Israel use chickpeas instead of broad beans. If you’re feeling experimental, use a mix of the two for a tasty combination. Add fresh chilly to the mix for additional spice.Falafel also makes great veggie burgers. Use the same recipe to make large burger shaped discs and cook in the oven or under the grill..