GRILLED PIZZA. We have talked about grilled pizza quite a bit here at The Kitchn, but what if you've never actually Here is a step-by-step tutorial on grilling pizza. Honestly, this method is not hard, once you get the. Easy Grilled Pizza made from scratch with a yeast-free Greek yogurt dough, topped with sauce, mozzarella cheese and your choice of toppings.
Great grilled pizza is an art, not a science. Place a pizza stone on the grates and set the burners beneath to medium-high. Allow the grill to heat, covered, with the stone inside. You can have GRILLED PIZZA using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of GRILLED PIZZA
- Prepare 1 of Prepared pizza dough.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Carolina Joe's Grillin' Sauce or your choice of BBQ Sauce.
- You need 1 of Flour or corn meal for dusting the cutting board or pizza peel.
- Prepare 4 oz of of: Sliced pineapple, Salami, Caramelized onions, Ricotta cheese.
Grilled Pizza. featured in Fun Summer Grilling Recipes. Then grill the pizzas and dig in! Grilled pizza is one of my favorite things to make and it's actually one of the first things I learned how to cook. Open the grill, slide the pizza to the hot side, and cook until the underside is nicely charred, about Note: The dough for grilled pizza needs to be a little sturdier to transfer to the grill, so use less water.
GRILLED PIZZA instructions
- Pizza is a blank canvas, feel free to use whatever toppings you desire.
- Shape the pizza dough by flattening it with your hands on a floured cutting board or pizza peel if you have one. Either use your fingers to stretch the dough out, or hold up the edges of the dough with your fingers, letting the dough hang and stretch, while working around the edges of the dough. Once you've stretched the dough, let it sit for 5 minutes and then push out the edges with your fingers again, until you have a nice round shape, about 12 to14 inches in diameter. Do not make a raised rim, it will interfere with the grilling process..
- Combine olive oil and minced garlic bowl. Using a brush or the back of a large spoon, paint the entire surface of the pizza dough with combined mixture. Drizzle half of the BBQ Sauce onto the pizza. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and evenly disperse toppings..
- Place a pizza stone the the center of your grill. ( Note: if you do not have a pizza stone you can use a non glazed ceramic tile from your local hardware store, the thicker the better) Pre-heat the grill, get it as hot as you can, some where north of 375. Once the grill is hot (you can hold your hands an inch over the grates for no more than 2 seconds) slide the pizza directly onto the pizza stone (if you floured the surface of the pizza peel or cutting board correctly the pizza will slide right off).
- If you are using a gas grill, reduce the heat. If working with a charcoal grill, close the vents on the cover almost all the way. Close the lid and cook until the bottom is crisp and the cheese is bubbly..
- Drizzle the remaining BBQ Sauce on the top of the pizza and pull off the stone with a spatula onto a cutting board or other flat surface and let rest for a couple minutes before cutting into slices..
For the margherita pizza: Brush a grilled crust with olive oil and spread evenly with the marinara sauce. Grilled PizzaIf you're craving brick-oven crispy pizza crust, you can get the same results right a home with grilled pizza. Carefully slide pizza dough onto the grill. I had heard of grilled pizza but was afraid to try it. The first time he made it he burnt most of the crusts.