Classic Chicken Kabsa. Chicken kabsa – Turn your next dinner into a feast with this Arabian style chicken and rice. Ok, back to the chicken kabsa recipe. This is basically a classic recipe from Saudi Arabia.
Chicken Kabsa recipe is a chicken and rice dinner that is full of Middle Eastern flavors. Kabsa is an amazingly flavored rice dish that can be made with chicken, beef or lamb. Kabsa is a spicy chicken and rice dish very popular in Saudi Arabia. You can cook Classic Chicken Kabsa using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Kabsa
- You need 1 of small chicken without skin, cut into 6 pieces.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of white basmati rice, washed.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped into small pieces.
- You need 3 teaspoons of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 6 teaspoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baharat spice.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of ground cardamom, ground.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 of dried black lime, loomi.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s of salt.
It is a rice dish cook along with different kinds of meat and other spices. Chicken Kabsa is a fragrant, mildly spiced, hearty recipe. Chicken Kabsa – an exotic Saudi rice dish served with raisins and almonds. There are many kinds of kabsa and it can be made with chicken, goat, lamb, camel, beef and fish.
Classic Chicken Kabsa instructions
- Preheat oven to 300 F..
- In a large cooking pot, fry the onions and with 1 teaspoon of cardamom in the vegetable oil, till the onions are golden..
- Boil some water and pour it over the fried onions, until the pot is half full..
- Add in the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, dried black lemon, raisins, garlic, cinnamon stick and the remaining cardamom. Add salt according to taste, stir and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat..
- Add the chicken pieces and continue to cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. The pot should be covered with an aluminum foil first followed by the pot's lid..
- Remove the chicken pieces from broth and transfer to a baking pan to cook in the oven. Keep checking on the chicken so it stays moist. When chicken is done, remove from oven and keep warm..
- Use a colander to strain the chicken broth into a bowl. Put the strained ingredients, except the cinnamon stick, back into the cooking pot along with the rice and 3 cups of the strained chicken broth..
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low right away and cover tightly with an aluminum foil first then the lid of the pot..
- After 10 to 15 minutes, you can check on the rice. If the rice is done and there is still some broth, leave over heat for a few more minutes for all broth to evaporate. If it’s too dry, add some broth and continue cooking but do not stir. At the end, the rice should be light and fluffy..
- To serve: place the rice in a serving dish and arrange chicken pieces on top of it. Add hot sauce if desired..
All Reviews for Al Kabsa – Traditional Saudi Rice and Chicken. I marinated the chicken overnight in some lime/garlic/kabsa spice and then threw it on the grill to pick up some additional flavor before. Chicken Kabsa (with Tahini): Kabsa is a famous Middle Eastern dish which is particularly eaten in the gulf region, such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arabs of Emirates, and Bahrain. Kabsa (Arabic: كبسة kabsah) is a mixed rice dish that originates from Saudi Arabia but is commonly regarded as a national dish in many Arab states of the Persian Gulf. Most relevant Best selling Latest uploads.