Kaastengel (Dutch influenced- Indonesian Cheese Cookies).
You can have Kaastengel (Dutch influenced- Indonesian Cheese Cookies) using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kaastengel (Dutch influenced- Indonesian Cheese Cookies)
- It’s 100 g of Edam cheese (grated).
- It’s 150 g of margarine.
- It’s 100 g of butter.
- It’s 45 ml of condensed milk.
- Prepare of Salt to taste (optional).
- It’s 300-350 g of all-purpose flour.
Kaastengel (Dutch influenced- Indonesian Cheese Cookies) step by step
- Mix margarine, butter and condensed milk.
- Add the grated edam cheese (you can also replace it with parmesan or cheddar) and mix well.
- Add a bit of salt to give more kick to the cheesy taste, but you can skip this if you think your cheese is already salted.
- Add flour gradually, first add only 250g, then add a bit more, until you reach the desired texture. The dough should be easily rolled with your hand, but not too hard either.
- Roll the dough and cut approx. 4-5cm long and 1cm wide.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 175°c.
- Arrange the Cookies cut on the baking tray and brush them with egg yolk and add some shredded cheese on top of it (individually).
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until the bottom turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down completely before storing.