KING RANCH Chicken Casserole.
You can have KING RANCH Chicken Casserole using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of KING RANCH Chicken Casserole
- You need of chicken.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts, with rib meat.
- You need 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of smoked cumin powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare of veggies.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, finely diced.
- It’s 1 of yellow pepper, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, finely diced.
- Prepare of sauce.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of can of diced tomato with green chiles.
- Prepare 1 (10.5 oz) of can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 (10.5 oz) of can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s of other.
- It’s 1 cup of ea. Shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack, and queso fresco.
- It’s 16-20 of corn tortillas, cut or ripped into 2" pieces.
KING RANCH Chicken Casserole instructions
- SEE CHICKEN SECTION Cut chicken breasts into 2" pieces and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Seasoning with seasonings and lime juice. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350..
- In a 9× 13 covered casserole dish cook chicken pieces approximately 30 minutes until cooked through but not dry..
- While chicken is cooking, dice VEGGIES ingredients and toss to combine. In a separate bowl combine SAUCE ingredients. In a third bowl, toss cheese together. Cut or tear tortillas into uniformly sized bite-sized pieces.
- Remove chicken from dish, set aside. Drain any juices from dish. Apply a light coat of olive oil to dish. Preheat oven again to 350.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with half of the torn tortillas. Layer on half the chicken. Add half the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. Sprinkle on half the cheese and pour on half the sauce mixture. Then repeat the layers, beginning with the rest of the tortillas, and ending with the rest of the sauce mixture..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake until bubbling, another 15 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving..