My Friend's Favourite Pastilla With Meat.
You can cook My Friend's Favourite Pastilla With Meat using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Friend's Favourite Pastilla With Meat
- Prepare 6 of phyllo dough, sheets.
- You need 350 g of meat, minced.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped finely.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need of butter melted.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce, (harissa).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s of salt to taste.
- It’s of black pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
My Friend's Favourite Pastilla With Meat instructions
- For the filling, heat the oil in a saucepan,add in the onion, red pepper, and minced meat. Mix well..
- Stir in the parsley, ginger, cumin, paprika, tomato paste, hot sauce, and salt. Cook until the meat is done and adjust the seasoning to taste..
- Preheat the oven to 180C..
- Brush well the phyllo sheets with butter, so that they become crispy when baking..
- Cover the bottom and sides of a round baking pan (26 cm in diameter) with 3 phyllo sheets and place the fourth at the center to have 2 layers of phyllo dough.
- Spread evenly the meat filling over the phyllo sheets. Fold the sides of the phyllo sheets over the meat filling..
- Place the remaining 2 phyllo sheets on top and tuck in the sides of the phyllo sheets inside the baking pan..
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until the pastilla turns slightly golden..
- Serve hot with salad on the side..