Beer can chicken. Novelty aside, beer can chicken is the best, easiest way to cook a whole chicken on the grill without any The beer from the can steams the chicken, resulting in a perfectly-cooked whole chicken. There's nothing quite like Beer Can Chicken! I made another recipe on this site a while ago and have been making these every summer.
It's hard to believe that "beer can chicken" is one of the easiest ways to grill a chicken, but cooking it. But Beer Can Chicken remains a gimmick, an inferior cooking technique, a waste of good beer, and it is potentially hazardous (click to Tweet this). Think about this: You've never seen a fine dining. You can have Beer can chicken using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer can chicken
- You need 1 of Roaster chicken 4-5 lbs.
- Prepare 1 can of 16 ounce beer.
- Prepare 1 of rub of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of garlic cloves to put in beer can..
- You need 1 of beer can roaster and roasting pan.
Beer can chicken is not only a great way to cook a whole chicken on the grill, but it's also a lot of Sitting a whole chicken on top of an open beer can may seem a little bit weird, or even frivolous, but. Using a church key-style can opener, make two more holes in the top of the can. Set the can on a flat surface and slide the chicken over the top so. Open beer can and take several gulps (make them big gulps so that the can is half full).
Beer can chicken instructions
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Remove giblets..
- Use rub liberally. Under and over skin. Wrap and refrigerate for as little as 1 hour or overnight..
- Preheat grill for indirect heat. 300-350 degrees..
- Use or discard 1/2 of beer. Insert garlic or additional spices or rub in beer can. Increase size of hole in top of can and mount chicken..
- Grill for 60-90 minutes. Check for internal temp of 175°F. I used a smokebox, but it isn't necessary..
- Remove from grill and rest 10-15 mintues before carving and serving..
Place beer can on a solid surface. This Beer Can Chicken is incredibly delicious, juicy and moist. This chicken is perfectly seasoned with herbs and spices and baked to a crispy perfection. Beer can chicken is a popular means to cook chicken. You can add some flavor from an alcoholic beverage to your chicken.