Homemade Potato Salad.
You can have Homemade Potato Salad using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Potato Salad
- You need 2 lb of Red Skinned Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Celery, chopped finely.
- Prepare of Green Onions, chopped finely.
- You need 6 of Eggs.
- It’s 3/4 lb of Bacon.
- Prepare 2 cup of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare dash of Paprika.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
Homemade Potato Salad step by step
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until it is easy to poke a fork into them. About 20-25 minutes. When finished, put in refrigerator to cool..
- Meanwhile, place eggs in saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring pot to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and cover. Let eggs sit on hot water for approx. 15 minutes..
- Remove eggs from hot water when done, then peel under cool water. Chop and set aside..
- Pan fry bacon over medium high heat. Cook until crispy. Set aside to drain and cool. When cooled down, crumble. (You can use bacon bits instead, but the flavor is better with real, fresh bacon).
- Once potatoes are cool, chop them into chunks, leaving the skin on..
- Add potatoes, eggs, bacon, green onion, celery, and dash of paprika into a large bowl..
- Add mayonnaise and salt and pepper then mix thoroughly..
- Cover bowl and cool for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Then serve & enjoy!.