Sweet Tea Brined Ribs.
You can have Sweet Tea Brined Ribs using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Tea Brined Ribs
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 large of tea bags.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 3 lb of country style pork ribs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Sweet Tea Brined Ribs step by step
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients except for ribs and garlic powder. Heat over medium high heat until sugar and salt is dissolved. Cool completely or add ice cubes to chill brine. Put ribs in ziplock bag. Pour sweet tea brine over ribs. Squeeze as much air out of bag as possible. Refrigerate for 24-72 hours. *The longer it brines, the stronger the taste.*.
- Remove ribs from brine and blot excess liquid off with papertowels. Disgard the brine. Season very liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder..
- Wrap tightly in foil, place meaty side down on baking sheet/roasting pan. Cook for 2 hours at 300°F..
- Open foil packet and lay ribs meaty side up. At this point you can slather on some of your favorite bbq sauce. Put back in oven for 5 mins. Slice and enjoy! *I left these plain to get a feel for the taste of the brine before pairing them with a sauce.*.