Malaysian Creamy Chicken Curry.
You can have Malaysian Creamy Chicken Curry using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malaysian Creamy Chicken Curry
- You need of Spice A:.
- It’s 4 of cardamom pods.
- You need 3 of cloves.
- It’s 2 inches of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 of star anise.
- It’s 2 stalk of curry leaves.
- It’s of Spice B (coarsely pound in pestle and mortar or use blender).
- Prepare 5 of shallots.
- It’s 3 inches of fresh ginger.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Spice C (mixed to form a paste).
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of fennel powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- It’s 4 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of whole chicken cut to preferred sizes or 500 grams chicken thigh fillet cut into small pieces.
- It’s 3 of medium potatoes.
- You need 2 of plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of thick coconut milk.
- It’s 100 ml of single cream (optional).
Malaysian Creamy Chicken Curry instructions
- Heat the oil in a pot on medium-high heat and fry Spice A. Once fragrant, put in Spice B and fry till slightly dry. .
- Put in Spice C and keep stirring to ensure not to burn the mixture. Lower the heat and continue cooking the spice paste. Add a little bit of water if necessary,.
- Let cook till oil separates. Add in the chicken and potatoes and stir to coat the pieces in the spice paste. If you are using smaller cuts of boneless chicken add in the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes before adding the chicken pieces..
- Add in the coconut milk and salt, bring to boil then turn the heat down and let it simmer for another 20 minutes. Throw in a bunch of coriander leaves and turn the heat off..
- Serve with lace crepes (recipe added) or ghee rice if you prefer or bit of both..