Grilled Hearts of Romaine with Tomato and Corn.
You can cook Grilled Hearts of Romaine with Tomato and Corn using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Hearts of Romaine with Tomato and Corn
- Prepare 2 of or 3 ears fresh corn.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- You need 1 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 2 of hearts of Romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 cup of grape and/or pear tomatoes (red,yellow and /or green ) quartered.
- You need 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
Grilled Hearts of Romaine with Tomato and Corn step by step
- Add corn with husks and silks intact in a large bowl. Add cold water to cover. Soak for at least an hour..
- In a screw top or mason jar combine 3 Tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, mustard, chives and garlic. Cover, shake well and set aside..
- Brush the romaine with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside. For a charcoal grill, grill corn on the rack of an uncovered grilldirectly over medium coals for 25 to 30 minutes or until kernels are tender, turning once and rearranging ears occasionally. Grill romaine, cut sides down, directly over medium coals for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly charred and wilted. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place corn on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above; remove corn. Place romaine on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.).
- Place a romaine heart half on each of 4 salad plates. Remove corn husks and silks from ears. Cut kernels from cobs. In a medium bowl combine corn kernels and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Drizzle romaine with the remaining vinaigrette. Spoon the corn and tomato mixture over romaine halves. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cheese..