Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan). How to make this delicious Tunisian Couscous recipe. This dish is full of flavors and AMAZING! You'll need to try it, I cook this every week for my family and they love it!!
Tunisian couscous is one of the countless variations of this North African dish However, Tunisian couscous has some characteristics that differentiate it from Algerian and Moroccan couscous. A delicious Tunisian-inspired Tagine (with your choice of Chicken or chickpeas) Carrots, Cous Cous and flavorful Green Harissa Sauce. That said, the best way to get used to the vegetarian GM diet is to eat delicious fruit and vegetable meals. You can have Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan)
- You need 1 of + 2 yellow onions.
- You need 1 of veggie soup square.
- You need 100 g of couscous.
- It’s 100 g of fresh spinach or other leafy greens.
- Prepare 70 g of golden raisins.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tunisian spice mix.
- It’s 4 of yellow peppers.
- It’s 2 of fresh tomatoes.
- You need 6 tbsp of tomatoe puree.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Oregano to tast.
- Prepare 1 of eggplant.
- Prepare 4 of carrots.
- You need 3 of potatoes.
- You need 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
If you are a vegan then this does not become an option. Simple, easy to prepare and tastes delicious. Traditional Tunisian couscous, lots of flavour, really, easy and filling to make and once you've eaten this version you won't view couscous the same way again! This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community.
Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) instructions
- Peel the onions and cut one of them in little squares. Start frying this onion on the sunflower oil and when it starts to get transparent add the spinach ot other leafy greens and add the tomatoe puree. Cook until the spinach becomes soft. Then add 4 cups of water..
- Add the tunisian spice mix, add the peeled veggies: cut the potatoes into big squares, cut the carrots into 4 pieces, cut the eggplant in big squares, cut the tomatoe in big squares too..
- Also add those onions that we left in one piece at the beginning. Also add the soup square and the yellow peppers cut into slices.Add the oregano and salt to taste..
- Next take the "upper part" of the couscous cooking pot and add the couscous, pour a mugful of hot water on it and add the olive oil. Stir to combine..
- Also stir the veggies in the down part of pot also. Put the top part on top of down part and steam the couscous till soft..
- Stir both parts of pot from time to time and add more hot water to couscous if it seems dry..
- Serve the veggie sauce on top of couscous and also add raisins on top. Let me know if you tried this recipe..
Sign in or create a My Good Food account to upload your own recipe creations. Growing up, we had a Tunisian neighbor who used to make an excellent couscous and always invited us to eat with her family, which we did My sweet mother, who is not from a couscous oriented background, learned the ways of the couscous and started making me a vegetarian/vegan one that. Plus free Milk Street recipes delivered to your inbox each Monday and access to every TV recipe. I loved all the vegetables in this dish. A wide variety of tunisian couscous options are available to you, such as processing type, packaging, and primary ingredient.