Garlic Lime Chicken Kabobs. These Garlic Lime Chicken Kabobs are great for entertaining, so feel free to double or triple the recipe. To freeze, place the skewered chicken in a labeled, freezer safe, ziplock bag or freezer safe container. Be careful not to poke a hole in the bag with the sharp end of the skewer.
Kabobs are easy to put together and grill and they are fun to eat! I love that they are something unique that you can present in a different way, not just your normal chicken with a side of veggies. Sometimes my kids like to have little competitions to see who can eat. You can have Garlic Lime Chicken Kabobs using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Lime Chicken Kabobs
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into1" cubes.
- You need 1 large of red onion, cut into 1" squares.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers (any color – red, green, etc); cut into 1" squares..
- It’s 2 dozen of small-medium mushrooms.
- You need 2 dozen of cherry tomatoes.
Here, chicken and vegetables are skewered and cooked on a cedar plank. They emerge moist and succulent, imbued with an enticing smoky flavor. Cilantro Lime Chicken Kabobs can be made on the grill or in the oven and are packed with flavor from a delicious homemade marinade with fresh cilantro, lime juice, garlic, cumin, and paprika. Pair it with this Watermelon and Avocado Salad or make these as meal prep to serve with this Mexican Chopped.
Garlic Lime Chicken Kabobs step by step
- Mix juices, oil, all of the Spices and salt in small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor..
- Soak 15-20 bamboo skewers in water for about 20 minutes.
- When ready to grill, skewer chicken and vegetables (interchange to get good mix/spread of chicken and vegetables) with 3 chicken cubes per skewer. Place on grill with tongs. Brush bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and chicken with reserved marinade.
- Grill kabobs on medium-high heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip with tongs. Again, for added flavor, brush bell pepper, onion, tomato, mushrooms, and chicken with reserved marinade; Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through..
Tender and moist, these grilled kabobs from Sheri Jean Waked are extra special when served with her garlic dipping sauce. Thread chicken on eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grilling season is in full swing! At your next BBQ, try this Chili-Lime Chicken Kabobs recipe from Fareway's Registered Dietitian, Caitlyn Lines.