Grilled Corn Potato Chowder. Cool corn slightly; cut kernels from cobs. Place potatoes in grill basket coated with cooking spray. I've tried a lot of corn chowder recipes over the years, and this Grilled Corn and Potato Chowder recipe is the one I always come back to.
Categories: American Chowder Carrot Recipes Potato Corn Recipes Bacon Recipes Main Dish Recipes for a Crowd. A perfect way to use up bountiful fresh corn, this Potato Corn Chowder is the perfect end of summer soup. Or freeze extra grilled corn for a delicious soup all winter long. You can have Grilled Corn Potato Chowder using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Corn Potato Chowder
- Prepare 1 ounce of oil.
- You need 3-4 slices of bacon -diced 1/4"(cold bacon dices easier than room temprature)-I love bacon so I use four:).
- It’s of Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the one ounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sweet onion — diced 1/4".
- You need 1/2 of of red bell pepper –diced 1/4”.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic -chopped.
- It’s 1 of each jalapeno- diced finely.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes – diced 1/4".
- It’s 32 ounces of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 3 ears of corn, peeled, oiled, seasoned with a little salt, grilled to a light brown color, and striped from the cob.
- Prepare of Note 12 ounces of can corn will work in place of grilled corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream or half and half or milk (Milk came out great and cream tasted the best:).
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of cilantro- chopped.
My family loves this potato corn chowder. —Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York. This corn chowder recipe is the perfect starter, or even a meal in itself. It works in every season, so enjoy it year 'round. My family loves this potato corn chowder.
Grilled Corn Potato Chowder step by step
- Heat a 5qt.sauce pan with one ounce of oil Brown the diced bacon in a large 5qt.sauce..
- Sauté onion, red bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno until limp with browned bacon (do not get to hot) about 3 minutes.
- Dust w/ flour and stir together. (This is a compound roux).
- Add corn, potatoes,milk and chicken stock to the pot season with salt, pepper, sugar and thyme, and bring to a boil..
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, (about 15-20 minutes). Adjust seasoning as needed and add the chopped parsley or cilantro..
- Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the oneounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux..
This Potato Corn Chowder is a thick, hearty, creamy soup, perfect for cooler days! It's made with smoky bacon, creamy potatoes and sweet corn. It's soup season and I couldn't be more excited! I know my love of soup isn't new around here, especially since I've. Grilled Corn Potato Chowder with grilled corn, potato, and crisp bacon bits.