Couscous and three-bean salad. Fluffy couscous is dotted with green onions, red pepper, fresh cilantro and black beans and boasts the Southwest tang of a lime-cumin vinaigrette. Reviews for: Photos of Black Bean and Couscous Salad. Some bean salads use all canned beans, but I prefer mixing in some fresh green beans and bright yellow wax beans now that it's summer.
Vibrant vegetables and the healthful combination of grains and legumes make this packable salad a complete source of protein for vegetarians. This Three Bean Salad is so flavorful. It makes a great side dish or topping, but can also be a healthy protein-packed snack, too. You can have Couscous and three-bean salad using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Couscous and three-bean salad
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green beans.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yellow pepper.
- You need 1 cup of instant couscous.
- You need 1 cup of broth from veggies.
- It’s 1 of green onion.
- You need 2/3 cup of drained chick peas.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of drained kidney beans.
- It’s of dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of zest of lemon grine.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of deijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
This is great for a buffet! A marriage of couscous and fresh veggies held together by a Southwestern flavored dressing! Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
Couscous and three-bean salad step by step
- Cook all veggies. Use a cup of the veggie broth over the couscous and stir. Cover with plastic and let it steam for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork..
- Add all the veggies and beans and stir..
- Prepare dressing by stiring all ingridents together. Pour over salad. **note. The longer the dressing sits, the more flavour. I suggest putting it in fridge for an hour before serving..
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until. This luscious three bean salad recipe combines GOYA® Red Kidney Beans, GOYA® Chick Peas, and GOYA® Blackeye Peas with crunchy fresh veggies, and a bright, lemony vinaigrette. Stick with our choice of beans, or mix and match with your family's favorites. [Here's another couscous salad: Lemony Arugula Salad with Couscous, Cucumbers and Feta! The salad is simple, fast and tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant.] Lemony White Bean Salad with Prosciutto has creamy white beans, salty prosciutto, parmesan cheese, peppery arugula, and a. This vegan couscous salad recipe is both healthy and low-fat.