Phyllo Meat Pie (Egyptian Goulash). A crispy, flaky, golden phyllo meat pie recipe! An easy dinner or holiday dish with a big wow factor! Today, it's a treat straight from my mother's kitchen: phyllo meat pie recipe (aka Egyptian goulash).
Add ground meat, breaking it apart. Add all the spices and mix all well together. Cook until done and set aisde. You can cook Phyllo Meat Pie (Egyptian Goulash) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Phyllo Meat Pie (Egyptian Goulash)
- Prepare of Phyllo dough.
- Prepare of Minced beef.
- Prepare of Onion.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s of Egg.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Baharat.
Phyllo Meat Pies (Egyptian Goulash) – Fufu's Kitchen. Hope you are having a great week so far. Don't worry; a long holiday weekend awaits you soon! Okay, so I love phyllo dough but I was always intimidated to work with it because of how delicate it is.
Phyllo Meat Pie (Egyptian Goulash) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- Lay the thawed phyllo dough sheets between two lightly damp kitchen towels..
- Begin with preparing the meat filling. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick pan. On medium-high heat, saute the chopped onions briefly. Add the ground beef. Cook until fully browned, tossing regularly. Remove the pan from the heat briefly and drain any fat, then return back to the stove. Add in the spices and stir to fully combine. Remove from the heat..
- Now, to assemble the phyllo pie, lay three to four sheets of phyllo dough on the bottom of a lightly greased 9 1/2 x 13 x 2 1/4 inch baking pan. Fold any excess dough in. Brush the top phyllo sheet very generously with the melted butter and oil mixture. Repeat this step as you lay three to four sheets of phyllo at a time in the baking pan until you have used up 1/2 of the phyllo sheets..
- Now, as you have a nice base for your pie, spread the meat filling evenly on top of the last phyllo sheet..
- Layer the remaining sheets on top of the meat repeating the same process as before (again, three or four sheets at a time, fold excess phyllo and butter the top sheet) until the phyllo sheets are used up. Brush the top sheet very generously with the butter and olive oil mixture. With a sharp knife, cut the phyllo pie into 12 squares. Season the prepared milk and egg mixture with salt and pepper and pour evenly over the pie..
- Place the phyllo meat pie on the middle rack of the 350 degrees F heated-oven for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until cooked through. It should turn a nice golden brown. Be watchful so that the pie does not over bake or burn. Serve warm with a side salad! Enjoy!.
Our family friend is Egyptian, and I. Phyllo Meat Pie – BurekSandra's Easy Cooking. This Phyllo Meat Pie (aka Egyptian goulash) is the one savory pastry I can not stop eating! Serve the pie immediately or let cool to room temperature. Today, it's a treat straight from my mother's kitchen: phyllo meat pie recipe (aka Egyptian goulash).