Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ). Total Time Pat the chicken completely dry with a paper towel. Season it with the salt and pepper evenly. Place the chicken on the sheet, but don't crowd the pan.
Season the chicken directly and starting roasting it first. Crank up the heat to finish. Rather than turn on the broiler and risk burning the sauce in the final minutes, coat the chicken with the reduced sauce and. You can cook Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ)
- You need 1 of large chicken.
- Prepare 1 of whole garlic.
- Prepare 4 of bay leafs.
- Prepare 1 sheet of muslin cloth.
- Prepare 4 handfuls of hay.
- You need 1 bottle of cider.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of BBQ with a lid.
Fire up your BBQ grill and cook the chicken over MEDIUM heat, making sure to turn the pieces regularly so that the chicken is evenly cooked. You can add about half a cup of water to the leftover marinade and cook it down into a thick sauce to serve with the braai chicken, along with some salad. Serve Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs along with steamed green beans. * Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Oven-baked chicken is easy and can be made year-round.
Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) instructions
- Light the Braai. Once the coals are hot move to the side for indirect heat and put on the lid. Get up to about 180c.
- Flatten the whole garlic cloves. Stuff the chicken with half of the bay leafs and garlic and place the others on top. Season.
- Wrap the chicken in muslin and tie with string.
- In a pan create a bed of hay. Place the chicken on top and moisten the hay by pouring in the cider. Tuck all the hay in so it doesn’t overhang and catch fire 🔥.
- Place on the bbq and cook with the lid on for approx 1:30-2hrs.
- Halfway through cooking flip the chicken and pour in more cider to keep moist.
- Undo the muslin after the chicken had cooked till the juices run clear.
- On a direct coal heat now grill the skin until browned. Approx 5mins.
- Rest, carve and enjoy 😊.
You can use your favorite bottled or [homemade barbecue sauce](http Heat a large nonstick (or cast iron skillet) to medium-high. Place the chicken on the hot skillet skin-side down. Braaied chicken, hot and black on the outside, cold and pink on the inside. Here's a way to avoid such horrors. Build your braai the way you usually do.