Tagine style chicken with preserved lemons.
You can cook Tagine style chicken with preserved lemons using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tagine style chicken with preserved lemons
- You need of chicken.
- You need 2 lb of chicken breasts and thighs total.
- Prepare of spices.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need of marinade.
- It’s 4 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 2 large of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of saffron oil.
- It’s of sauce.
- It’s 1 medium of onion chopped coarsely.
- It’s 2 tbsp of saffron oil.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 large of preserved lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green olives.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare of garnish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of preserved lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of black ripened olives.
Tagine style chicken with preserved lemons instructions
- In a large bowl or zip lock bag, add the chicken, the oil, spices, garlic, ginger, cilantro, and saffron oil. Mix well. Add bay leaves and chicken, rubbing the marinade over all the pieces. refrigerate for 2 hours or over night..
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. and reserve marinade..
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. In a tagine or large casserole over medium high heat add 2 tablespoons saffron oil..
- Add chicken breast and lightly brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Then add onions and cook until just starting to brown, about 3 minutes..
- Take half of the preserved lemon reserve the other half, so two quarters separate. Slice the peeling into strips add to chicken. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344041-preserved-lemons.
- Add reserved marinade, olives, and chicken stock. Cover tightly and cook over medium low heat for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is done..
- Take some preserved lemon juice, parsley, and remaining preserved lemon. Add to chicken to garnish..