Meat Stuffed Summer Squash. Stuffed zucchini and summer squash recipes – how to make meat and rice stuffed squash in the oven. Easy food recipe to cook stuffed squash or zucchini in. Using your fingers or a small spoon, fill the squash cavities with the meat mixture; do not pack.
This yummy stuffed squash is adapted from Cotton Country Cooking, one of my favorite, most oft-used cookbooks. Use beautiful summer squash as the base for this baked dish stuffed with ground turkey, vegetables, herbs and spices. Scrape out seeds and stringy pulp from each squash half, leaving a large cavity for stuffing. You can cook Meat Stuffed Summer Squash using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat Stuffed Summer Squash
- You need 1 of minced meat of choice (I used extra-lean turkey).
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ras el hanout (couscous spice mix).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of harissa (hot pepper paste).
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 of extra-large summer squash (I used grey ball and green patty pan).
Arrange snugly in a large, lightly oiled ovenproof baking dish..zucchini to summer squash, these Taco Stuffed Summer Squash Boats were the perfect way to make them taste more like a taco and less like a squash. Once I saw Gina from Skinny Taste stuff zucchini with turkey taco meat, I knew I had to try this grain-free version of one of my favorite foods! Fill the summer squashes with cooked minced meat, sausages, and mozzarella and bake for half an hour. How to Cook Minced Meat and Mozzarella Stuffed Summer Squash.
Meat Stuffed Summer Squash step by step
- Cut your summer squash in two in the direction that will allow you to make baskets best..
- Empty your squash leaving 1/4" of flesh all around and reserve the flesh..
- Finely chop the squash flesh left from emptying them..
- Mix all ingredients except squash baskets..
- Fill in your squash baskets with meat mix and press to evacuate all the air. You can overfill ;-).
- Cook in preheated oven at 400º for about an hour in a greased plate (I use lasagna type plate because it makes some juice while cooking). You'll know they're done when the meat is brown and the squash tender..
- Serve with lemon couscous and veggies of your choice..
Stuffed Summer Squash with Merguez Sausage and Goat Cheese – Tastes Like Not Summer Squash. These stuffed squash will be especially useful if you're living next door to the "why the hell do they plant such a huge garden?" neighbors. The only challenging part about creating stuffed summer squash recipes is figuring out what to call them. Often times, I want to draw attention to so many of the delicious contents. Even though this recipe has only ten ingredients, so many of them seemed important to mention: summer squash, shiitake.