Hummus. News, reviews, recipes and videos about hummus, falafel and other middle-eastern foods. A traditional hummus recipe includes tahini and makes a wonderful snack or appetizer. Serve with warm pita bread or veggies.
We also add a little drizzle to the top of the swirly hummus. Hummus, that creamy dip that hails from the Middle East, has a reputation as a clean, healthy food. All the main ingredients are super foods in their own right. You can have Hummus using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hummus
- It’s 1 can of Chickpeas (drained, reserved, and rinsed).
- It’s 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Tahini.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin (or to taste).
- You need of Salt.
Hummus is so easy to make that you really shouldn't have to buy a plastic pot of it. The basic hummus has four ingredients: chickpeas, tahini (pounded sesame seeds), garlic and lemon juice. All you need are a few cans of chickpeas, some tahini, olive oil, some seasonings, and a food processor. ↑ Hummus Catches On in America (as Long as It's Flavored) // The New York Times (англ.) ↑ Рецепты популярных разновидностей хумуса (англ.) Learn how to make hummus with this easy homemade hummus recipe! It's quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and flavorful!
- Add chickpeas to food processor or blender.
- Add to chickpeas remainder of ingredients.
- Puree as smooth as possible, add small amount of reserved liquid from can chickpeas as needed, to obtain creamy consistency (usually no more than 2-3 tablespoons).
- Can add roasted red pepper from jar or use black beans for different flavors. This is a base to be used for whatever you want to add for bigger flavor..
- Garnish with olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika and cumin..
Hummus is delicious, packed with nutrients and incredibly good for you. Hummus, oh how I love thee. I love hummus in all the different flavor variations, including roasted But there's nothing quite like the classic hummus recipe. It's versatile, delicious and can be used as a. Take your hummus beyond carrot sticks, pita and celery!