Hummus. News, reviews, recipes and videos about hummus, falafel and other middle-eastern foods. A traditional hummus recipe includes tahini and makes a wonderful snack or appetizer. Serve with warm pita bread or veggies.
We also add a little drizzle to the top of the swirly hummus. Hummus, that creamy dip that hails from the Middle East, has a reputation as a clean, healthy food. All the main ingredients are super foods in their own right. You can have Hummus using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hummus
- You need 1 of One 15-ounce can chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, about 1 large lemon.
- You need 1/4 cup of tahini (we used Krinos).
- Prepare 1 of Half of a large garlic clove, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, plus more for serving.
- Prepare 1/2 of to 1 teaspoon kosher salt, depending on taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 of to 3 tablespoons water.
- You need 1 dash of of ground paprika for serving.
Hummus is so easy to make that you really shouldn't have to buy a plastic pot of it. The basic hummus has four ingredients: chickpeas, tahini (pounded sesame seeds), garlic and lemon juice. All you need are a few cans of chickpeas, some tahini, olive oil, some seasonings, and a food processor. ↑ Hummus Catches On in America (as Long as It's Flavored) // The New York Times (англ.) ↑ Рецепты популярных разновидностей хумуса (англ.) Learn how to make hummus with this easy homemade hummus recipe! It's quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and flavorful!
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice. Process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl then turn on and process for 30 seconds. This extra time helps “whip” or “cream” the tahini, making smooth and creamy hummus possible..
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin and the salt to whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape sides and bottom of bowl then process another 30 seconds..
- Open can of chickpeas, drain liquid then rinse well with water. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor then process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl, add remaining chickpeas and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and quite smooth..
- Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, with the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until the consistency is perfect..
Hummus is delicious, packed with nutrients and incredibly good for you. Take your hummus beyond carrot sticks, pita and celery! These recipes with hummus are sure to Love hummus? You're going to want to try this fun take. It transforms this classic party dip into a.