Egyptian Whole Fried Chicken.
You can have Egyptian Whole Fried Chicken using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egyptian Whole Fried Chicken
- Prepare 1(approx 900 gm) of whole chicken with skin on.
- It’s 5 tbsp of clarified butter.
- It’s 1+1 of onion peeled and whole.
- You need 1 tsp of mastic powder.
- It’s 750 ml of water.
- Prepare 4 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaf.
- Prepare of marinade.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of coarse sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 of juice of lemon.
Egyptian Whole Fried Chicken step by step
- Wash and clean the chicken from inside and out side.Pat dry completely..
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and apply it all over the chicken rubbing a little marinade inside the chicken cavity as well..
- Tie the chicken legs and wings tightly tucked in so that the chicken retain it's shape..
- Place the chicken on a plate and clingfilm it.Refrigerate overnight..
- Next day bringthe chicken down to room temperature..
- In a deep pot heat butter.Lightly fry whole onion in the clarified butter until brown..
- Add the chicken; fry on all sides until a light golden colour..
- Add water,green cardamom,bay leaves and mastic powder. Cover with a lid and let cook on simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Turn heat off and leave the chicken in hot broth for 5 minutes..
- Remove it from the broth..
- Heat remaining clarified butter in a skillet. Fey chicken over high heat turning until golden brown on ali sides. Serve..