You can have Corn Dogs using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn Dogs
- You need 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 quart of vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 16 of chicken sausages.
- You need 16 of wooden skewers.
Corn Dogs instructions
- In a medium bowl,combine cornmeal,flour,salt,pepper,sugar and baking powder.Stir in eggs and milk..
- Preheat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat.insert wooden skewers into sausages.Roll sausages in batter until well coated..
- Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time until lightly browned,about 3 minutes.Drain on paper towels.