You can have Homemade Hummus using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Hummus
- It’s 16 oz of garbanzo beans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of liquid from the can of garbanzo beans.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of tahini.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic (crushed).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Homemade Hummus instructions
- Drain the garbanzo beans and set aside the liquid.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup of the garbanzo bean liquid.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until it's mixed thoroughly and smooth.
- Place in a serving bowl and make a shallow dip in the center of the Hummus and add a small amount (about 1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil.
- VARIATION: for a spicier hummus add a dash of Cayenne pepper.