Warm chickpeas and cumin salad – balila. This salad is one of my favorite ways to turn chickpeas into lunch: Crunchy with tiny cumin seeds, punched up with a pinch of red chili flakes. Cool, crisp cucumber nestles in between the chickpeas, and sun-dried tomatoes lend a savory note. It is totally satisfying and filling — and it just happens to.
It is a fresh yet flavorful salad that can be used as a side dish or main dish lunch as I Add the onions and jalapeno. Whisk together the garlic, salt, cumin, lemon juice, and olive oil. Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? You can have Warm chickpeas and cumin salad – balila using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Warm chickpeas and cumin salad – balila
- Prepare 2 cups of canned chickpeas.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of For garnishing:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of parsley, chopped.
Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt, pepper, oil, flour, etc. This warm chickpea salad recipe is chock full of crunchy almonds and pistachios, as well as golden raisins and dried dates to add a wonderful sweetness to the dish. Everything is rounded out with a warmly spiced lemon dressing that makes me feel all warm and cozy.
Warm chickpeas and cumin salad – balila instructions
- Empty the chickpeas and the water into a pot and put over low heat until warm. Drain the chickpeas and put them in a serving bowl. Keep half a cup of the water for the dressing..
- To prepare the dressing: combine the lemon juice and olive oil with the reserved water. Add the crushed garlic, salt and ½ teaspoon of cumin..
- Mash three tablespoons of chickpeas and add them to the dressing and mix well..
- Pour the dressing over the chickpeas and stir..
- Sprinkle the rest of the cumin on the balila and garnish with chopped parsley..
- Serve warm with pita bread..
Here's a great dish for chickpea lovers! This quick and easy recipe is the same as our Foule recipe, except instead of fava beans we use chickpeas. This salad is one of my favorite ways to turn chickpeas into lunch: Crunchy with tiny cumin seeds, punched up with a pinch of red chili flakes. Cool, crisp cucumber nestles in between the chickpeas, and sun-dried tomatoes lend a savory note. It is totally satisfying and filling.