Hummus. News, reviews, recipes and videos about hummus, falafel and other middle-eastern foods. A traditional hummus recipe includes tahini and makes a wonderful snack or appetizer. Serve with warm pita bread or veggies.
We also add a little drizzle to the top of the swirly hummus. Hummus, that creamy dip that hails from the Middle East, has a reputation as a clean, healthy food. All the main ingredients are super foods in their own right. You can have Hummus using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hummus
- Prepare 4 cans of chick peas.
- It’s 2/3 cup of tahini.
- You need 4-5 of lemons (1 1/4 cup lemon juice).
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 10 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Cilantro (optional).
Hummus is so easy to make that you really shouldn't have to buy a plastic pot of it. The basic hummus has four ingredients: chickpeas, tahini (pounded sesame seeds), garlic and lemon juice. All you need are a few cans of chickpeas, some tahini, olive oil, some seasonings, and a food processor. ↑ Hummus Catches On in America (as Long as It's Flavored) // The New York Times (англ.) ↑ Рецепты популярных разновидностей хумуса (англ.) Learn how to make hummus with this easy homemade hummus recipe! It's quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and flavorful!
- Thoroughly rinse and strain the chick peas. Mince the garlic cloves. Squeeze the juice out of the lemons and strain the pits out..
- Make sure the tahini is mixed very, very well. I use a separate, smaller processor to mix the tahini well before storing it..
- Combine the tahini and the lemon juice in a large food processor. Mix for 1 minute, then take a spoon and scrape the sides of the processor to make sure everything is getting combined. Mix again for another 30 seconds..
- Now add the olive oil, minced garlic, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and 6 tbs of water to the food processor. Mix for 1 minute, then scrape the sides to make sure everything is getting blended. Mix again for another 30 seconds..
- Add 2 handfuls of chick peas at a time to the processor. Mix for 1 minute, scrape the sides, and mix again for 30 seconds. Continue this until all chick peas are blended..
- The hummus will be rather thick at this point, so add water in small increments (like 3-4 tbs at a time) and blend well until you have the desired consistency..
- Garnish the finished hummus with cilantro for added flavor and enjoy!.
Hummus is delicious, packed with nutrients and incredibly good for you. Hummus, oh how I love thee. I love hummus in all the different flavor variations, including roasted But there's nothing quite like the classic hummus recipe. It's versatile, delicious and can be used as a. Take your hummus beyond carrot sticks, pita and celery!