Strawberry Sparkle Cake.
You can cook Strawberry Sparkle Cake using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Sparkle Cake
- Prepare of For Cake and Filling.
- You need 1 of Cooked and cooled Angel Food Cake, homemade or use a bix mix and bake it. store made cakes are to.small.and dense for the filling..
- Prepare 1 small of box, 0.30 ounce size of strawberry gelatin ( jello ).
- It’s 12 oz of strawberrys, reserve 3 medium ones and puree the rest in a food processor or blender, strain out seeds and add juice to a measuring cup and add water if needed to have a total of 2 cups liquid..
- You need 1 of Recipe FOR WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING.
- Prepare 2 3/4 cup of cold heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of unflavored gelatin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cold water.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- Prepare of sprinkles any color.
- It’s of chocolate shavings.
- Prepare of chocolate covered strawberry s, fresh or dryed.
Strawberry Sparkle Cake instructions
- Have ready a fully cooled angel food cake..
- carefully cut a thin top off the angel food cake, set aside on a plate..
- With a sharp thin knife hollow out a well in the cake, removing pieces of only the middle so the cake has a bottom and sides left with a trench for the filling..
- Cut the removed cake pieces in roughly 1 inchel pieces, reserve them..
- Heat 1 cup of the strawberry juice to boiling, dissolve strawberry gelatin in it, add remaning cold strawberry juice and chill until slightly thick, like the consistency of egg whites, slice the 3 strawberries and then add the reserved cake cubes. Gently mix together..
- Fill the cake trench with filling, put top back on and chill.at least 4 hours or, better, overnight..
- FOR TOPPING.
- Soften unflavored gelatin in the cold water in a small heatproof bowl for 5 minutes..
- Have a small pan of simmering water on stove. Place softened gelatin in the rameki in pan just to dissolve until clear. Remove from water use while you begin beating cream. You want this liquid.and warm when you add it to.the cream..
- In a large chilled bowl beat cream until it has soft peaks, add confectioners sugar carefully so it does not blow all over! then add warm gelatin taking care its still liquid beat it in with the vanilla until cream is well whipped for spreading.
- Completely frost entire cake with whipped cream..
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and sprinkles.This cake is best the day its frosted but because the whipped cream is stabilized with gelatin it will last a couple of days.Keep refrigerated..
- NOTE : This recipe is for a full sized 10 inche angel food cake, either from scratch homemade or the boxed angel food cake. If you want to use a store made angel food cake you can , but you will have excess filling and topping because they are quite a bit smaller. I've never tried it it but its possible 2 store bought could work..